Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Do you agree with Michael Bane's Post & Blog?

"I posted the comment below on HuffPo and later on FaceBook ...."

"Oddly enough I studied Islam in college, read and studied the Holy Quran, was fascinated by the religion. When I spoke the eulogy at my Father's funeral, I quoted the beautiful words of the Prophet. But as my major professor in college said, "If you're a male warrior, Islam is for you. If you're not, not so much..." I have known many many Muslims who were not terrorists, but, at least in my opinion, it's important to understand the jihadists are not "barbarians" or "misrepresenting Islam," but rather an honest representation of an interpretation of the religion. A lethal representation, to be sure...it may not be "your Islam," but it is Islam. I greatly fear the reason we don't see a massive uprising of "moderate" Muslims is that they're basically hedging their bets. This is the war of our lifetime, and suspect we "infidels" will be fighting it on our own. Hashtags and cute pictures are easy. To stand against the butchers who will bury your male children alive and sell your daughters on the block, as my professor said, not so much. As Greg Gutfield noted today, "Peace signs, like pacifism, are imposters for action - pleasing the enemy, who see fear in symbolic, rather than real, response."

READ THE WHOLE BLOG


No comments:

Post a Comment