Sunday, April 7, 2013

DoubleStar C3 (Constant Carry Carbine)


From: http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-diana-degette-must-read.html

I just started working with the DoubleStar C3 (Constant Carry Carbine) on 50-yard drills with the irons (Magpul MBUS). I love this gun! You throw it up to your shoulder and run it.



The short 7-inch Ace stock takes about 5 minutes to get used to...especially if you're used to reach way far out there on a mid-length handguard. At 5.5 pounds, the C3 is like running a big pistol. I didn't do any of the stuff you're supposed to do with a new gun...I didn't take it apart, meticulously measure each part, blah blah. I took it out of the box, sprayed some Ballistol on the bolt and cranked it up with Corbon match 55-grainers (my last 100 of those particularly wonderful rounds). Sights were a little low at 50, but there's an Aimpoint Micro in this baby's future (yes, I have old eyes!). The only other thing I'd add is a sling, maybe Kyle Lamb's lightweight bungee sling.

Is the C3 to do-all and be-all of ARs? Of course not. But I believe the C3 perfectly fills the niche of car/travel rifle (a niche I've been filling with a Rock River Arms LAR-PDS AR-15 pistol).

No comments:

Post a Comment